Service DEF system: diesel exhaust filter cleaning & repair in Tacoma
At «Tacoma Truck Repair Center» we are concerned about the amount of air pollution posed by diesel trucks. To help in reducing the amount of air pollution caused by heavy diesel trucks, we started diesel exhaust filter services. If you would like to reduce air pollution caused by your truck, then you may have heard about DEF. The system works in such a way it helps in reducing environmental pollution. Our highly experienced technicians can help you service DEF system to ensure it performs at its optimum. Remember even if you have the air cleaning system in place if it is not well serviced it will still pollute the environment.
Why you need to hire us for diesel exhaust filter services
Highly dedicated DEF system repair Experts
We will like to improve the condition of air. Air pollution leads to many health problems. The present generation should make efforts and conserve the environment for the future generations. As a company, we are more concerned about maintaining quality air so that human beings can enjoy life on earth. Each system we work on we ensures it is perfectly fitted so that it can perform well. We even go an extra mile to offer our customers necessary tips on how to use the DEF system so that we can contribute towards conserving the environment.
Experienced DEF – diesel exhaust fluid mechanics
We know how the DEF system works. It works in such a way it reduces NOx concentration as the diesel engine burns the fuels. The DEF system works in such a way it reduces harmful emission from diesel engines. There are several companies out there which deal with the DEF systems as well. Most of them will try to convince you that they offer quality services. You should not be deceived because most of them are after making money. In our auto repair company, we are dedicated to making you realize value for your money. There is a big difference after you decide to work with our company in your DEF installation or repair. We also offer the best diesel exhaust filter cleaning services. We try our level best to make your diesel engine as environmentally friendly as possible.
We install and instruct you on how to use the DEF system
To avoid recurrent DEF system problems, we will install for you the system and instruct you on how to use it. You will have a system which works efficiently and your drivers will know how to apply it the right way when driving the truck. After using the system for a given period of time, you need to clean the diesel engine air filtration system so that it can continue serving you well. You do not have to worry because we also offer the air filtration system cleaning services. You can just return to our service centers and we will serve your truck very fast. There are no delays in our facility. We receive a lot of trucks each day, but we are fully equipped to ensure your truck is serviced within a short period so that you can continue with your transportation business.
High-quality DEF for trucks services
At Alpha Fleet Service we service DEF system and carry out necessary adjustments to prevent freezing of the systems during cold weather. You can confidently drive your diesel truck in hot summers or cold winters but the system will work very well because we carry out all the necessary adjustments during the installation process. Your diesel truck will be environmental friendly as well as reliable in all weather.
DEF filter replacement
If you need DEF filter replacement, then you need to install systems which are stored well. We have a storage capacity where we have maintained the environment well so that we can store quality DEF systems. You can buy the systems from our facility and we will install them after which we will offer you a warranty. We are dedicated to making you achieve the best services.
Affordable and efficient services
All our services are rated at reasonable prices, if you would like to access quality
DEF services at reasonable rates, then we are the right company for you to visit. Our diesel exhaust filter experts are always ready to work on your trucks and ensure it is environmentally friendly. Visit us today for quality DEF services.
DEF Service and Repair
If you have a diesel truck, you need to know about a critical additive, called Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF). It is also called AUS 32 or aqueous urea solution 32% and includes 32.5% urea and 67.5% de-ionized water. DEF is used to devide NOx emissions into less impacting water and nitrogen.
In 2010 the Environmental Protection Agency mandated the use of selective catalytic reduction in diesel engines, so diesel truck drivers had a difficult moment to go through.
We recognize that DEF service is about more than just fixing the equipment. At "Tacoma Truck Repair Center", our specialists offer a superior customer experience for complete satisfaction. We are always ready to handle your DEF repair and DEF maintenance needs, for example, if you just fill the DEF tank but still getting the service DEF system error code on the dash.
From 2010, diesel trucks and equipment are required to have an additional diesel exhaust fluid tank. So, it helps heavy-duty diesel trucks operate within the federal emissions guidelines. At "Tacoma Truck Repair Center", our qualified technicians will monitor your tank to ensure you never run out of fuel, guide you on how and where to store it, fix applications on your vehicle.
How To Understand If a DEF Fluid Is Bad
The easiest way to determine a bad DEF for trucks is to examine it. The fluid is contaminated or aged if it looks cloudy or colored, as it is naturally bright. It will be easy to notice pollutants, including small particles, larger rocks, or dirt. Don't try to use the DEF, if it is not bright.
How Often to Add DEF For Trucks
- 2.5 gallons of DEF is approximately for 800 miles
- 1 gallon of DEF is for about 300 to 500 miles
But don’t allow DEF to go completely dry.
If You Run Out of DEF For Trucks, What Happens?
If you have a new vehicle that is equipped with gauges, they will alert you when DEF is low. If you don't replace DEF, and engine speed will be reduced to as little as five miles per hour, so you will notice an emergency light.
To be prepared for such situations - not to get on the shoulder of the highway, carry a bottle in your vehicle. Diesel exhaust fluid is nontoxic, so you can easily replace it, as needed.
What Are The Common DEF System Problems
Diesel Exhaust Fluid quality can be affected by:
- UREA Concentration - NOx neutralization effectiveness is reduced by diluted DEF.
- Dirt / Metal Contamination - abrasion of the DEF pump can lead to contaminated DEF.
- Crystallization occurs in such situations – over-dosing and hard water top ups. If you add too much DEF to the system – it can lead to crystalized deposits in the exhaust or injector nozzle. Over-dosing can result from a partially open DEF injector nozzle, plugged DEF lines or DEF pump issues. Adding water to the system can also result in scale or deposits forming.
- Cold Weather - DEF may freeze in colder climates preventing engine operation. Don't use additives to thaw DEF because they can throw off the concentration of the fluid.
How To Avoid DEF System Problems in Tacoma
- Keep temperatures between 40 and 80 degrees to store DEF containers for maximum shelf life. DEF can last for up to two years, if you store them properly.
- Heat or cold can't damage your DEF system because if not to expose to excessive heat, DEF doesn't dissolve in heat or freeze in your vehicle.
- Find a reputable source like at "Tacoma Truck Repair Center", because DEF has precise industry requirements. There are many unlicensed sellers who try to skirt regulations.
- Try to buy DEF that is effective and safe; don’t be fooled by market-cutting low prices.
- Take a gallon in your diesel truck, so you never get stuck.
How Often Do You Need DEF Filter Replacement?
- DEF filter replacement in Tacoma – 500,000 to 550,000 miles
- Pump filter DEF replacement – every 3 years or 500,000 miles whichever occurs first.
DEF System Repair By Our Qualified Specialists
We understand that time is very important for our customers, so we offer such service that is about more than just fixing the equipment. At "Tacoma Truck Repair Center", we provide the best customer experience for complete satisfaction.
➢ Inventory – we strive to give the best DEF products for your needs and provide DEF repair and DEF maintenance in time.
➢ Authorized service providers – We have authorized service providers to handle your DEF maintenance needs.
➢ Technical support - Our truck repair center offers full technical support. Our service will save you money and ensure that your DEF product is operating at the optimum level for many years.
Benefits of Diesel Exhaust Filter Cleaning For Trucks
DEF filter cleaning can ensure to get you and your cargo to the next destination. Some of the benefits of diesel exhaust filter cleaning include:
- Save money: Regular DEF filter cleaning makes it last longer and helps avoid a costly replacement.
- Increase efficiency of your DEF filter: A clean filter protects your engine and ensures it's able to run smoothly in different situation.
- Increase value: Regular truck maintenance, including DPF cleaning, can increase the vehicle's resale value.
- Increase time between cleanings
- Meet EPA requirements
When you need DEF filter cleaning in Tacoma, we have you covered. As a trusted local company, "Tacoma Truck Repair Center" offers expertise and personalized service for each of our customers. Let us help keep your work running smoothly.